2/21/2013

Revisiting Sonya's Garden


     Sonya's Garden started out as a quaint little restaurant in Alfonso Cavite. I went there for the first time with my high school friends in 1999 when I was pregnant with Yellow. I remember it to be so lovely and shabby chic. We took longer to take photos than actually eat our meal.  Back then, the organic. no meat menu was a refreshing change from our regular Filipino fare at home.

    Lately, I have been going to Sonya's just to buy bread. They now have a bakery that offers what I call upgraded Pinoy bakery bread. (in other words the sosyal version of panaderia bread) We love their Spanish bread, budhha de oro, pan de sal, cheese hopia among others.

     Last weekend I tagged along my folks for a lunch with their med school classmates at Sonya's and got to sit down, dine and enjoy the place again. Guess who was my date and he was all dressed up and bow tie?


      I think he is Ms. Sonya's. Cute, huh?




          Sonya's now has a bed and breakfast and I have heard raves about it. 


     For lunch, by special request, we were seated in the more quiet and private bed and breakfast area. It was like eating in your neighbor's lanai.

That is my dad in slippers and being too neighborly.

     Look at the pretty table setting. I love the mismatched plates!




Food was the same; fresh, light and yummy!


     And here is a mini photo album of my parents and their balikbayan classmates.


     The next time you visit Sonya's don't forget to drop by their country store and bakery on your way out. 



Know more about  Sonya's Garden here.


Sonya's Garden

Barangay Buck Estate, Alfonso, Cavite, Philippines
(near the vicinity of Tagaytay City, Philippines)

For reservations, call or text the following numbers:

+63-9175329097 / +63-9175335140 / +63-9175231080

mail us at: info@sonyasgarden.com
 

No comments: