1/16/2008

Let's Get Started


I have always loved celebrating a New Year. As far as I can remember, I would be scribbling resolutions, year- end assessments, fearless forecasts on journals. The New Year brings so much hope and excitement for me. You will never know what the coming year will bring; a new friend, project, child, etc.
This year though what I am dead set on trying to bring in is positivity. Yep, a relatively new word to my melancholic temperament but hey, I WANT IT!
Even if my temperament does not talk about it, I will be friends with positivity this year. How?
1. To start with I will just be. I will just be positive. A positive person is a blessing to others. He makes others smile and want to be with him.
2. For my second bid to positivity, I will go with the cliche - Cease the Day! I remember my wedding day. It has been almost ten years yet I just need to close my eyes and overwhelming joy consumes me. I savored each and every minute of my wedding day, I lived through it immersed in every sound, detail, smell of that day. I can do that each day; live each day to the pulp. To close my eyes and claim joy.
3. Create the setting. Probably because I am an architect, my surroundings need to be perfectly arranged, planned and matchy! I know some rules on positivity would go, don't sweat the small stuff. Oh, no, not me I have to sweat the small stuff. So organize, de-clutter and beautify...if you must!
Whew, I am feeling better already.
4. Prayer. Pray like my life depends on it and it madly does. Prayer has always been a balm of peaceful surrender, knowing that I can't do it on my own and that I am actually never on my own. Remember the song of the old TV show The Last American Hero? Flying away on a wing and a prayer, who could it be, believe it or not, it's just me. Yes, just me with a wing and a prayer.

2008 = Positivity

Hmmm, let's give it a try shall we?

No comments: