4/11/2012

Holy Week Tidbits 2012


     Picking up from where I left off in my pre- Holy Week break post, I am so proud to have avoided the crazy crowd. No, we were never stuck in the SLEX, NLEX or any LEX traffic. We did not have to endure delayed flights or long airport queues. Nonetheless, my family and I had a good break and all it took was a leisurely two-hour drive from Manila.

     Allow me to share our simple escape in Instagram....


     The exodus begins....
     We felt we outsmarted the monstrous traffic when we left Manila Holy Wednesday at 6pm. We arrived at my parents' farm at 8 pm, exactly two hours after.

     The next morning, refreshed and rested I peeked out my bedroom window and saw this....


     It was a do-whatever-you-want, eat-all-you-want weekend ...Most of all it was a time for family....
     Look at my nephew aka Doro the Explorer. See the hair? Hee!




          I could swim all day.....


     Come Saturday though, nephew B the teen-ager was getting antsy and made a van-ful of us head out to the nearest form of civilization.....Tagaytay!


     Of course he had to sleep in the car.....
   

     
     BUT IS WAS TRAAAAAFFFIC heading out!!!! So we headed back and knocked on the doors of our next door neighbors. 

     Sonya's Secret Garden for cheese hopia and muffins.....and a shoescape shot for me....


     The nearby variety store to drink soda in a plastic bag...pu-lease! This guy is desperate!


     Guess what finally made him happy?
     MR MAPPY!!! What's that? Who? Da what?
     Don't ask me it is cheap, Filipino pizza!!!

Pizza Review: Lasang tinapay! (Tastes like bread!)

     Their special has everything on it...I mean everything they have in their pantry and closets, garage, glove compartment....hahahaa! And no this is not like the 3M or Fiesta Pizza of yore. No!


     Aside from cheap pizza, we also got to enjoy views like this in between....


     Before we knew it, it was Easter Sunday and the church was packed....of course...


     We settled for standing up outside the church entrance where we could hardly hear the priest thus boredom set it and we played Hidden Mickey with my baby nephew's Mickey Mouse balloon and my brother's shadow.....
    

   
     How was your Holy Week break? I hope it was as fun as mine. 
  
 A Glorious Easter, everyone!
Truly there is so much to rejoice about and be thankful for!








No comments: