12/22/2007

Let's be silent....


I want to be silent for a few minutes and try to see where I am in this whole holiday chaos. My kids, especially my son Blue is tooooo excited over his gifts. It becomes overwhelming since it is all he thinks about. He gets impatient and even worth strangling. He, he! but hey, he is a kid and Christmas is really the kids' turf after all Christmas is about a child....
I approach Christmas with a bit of regret. It has been a busy year and honestly I could have done preparations earlier. I actually hate being part of the Christmas rush. So next year I plan to make a countdown calendar....

Speaking of calendars, I made a novena calendar for my two kids this year. It has paper windows stuck on them. Since December 16, they would open a window each day and read a good deed and a prayer or set of prayers that go with it. I got the idea from my Mom who gave me a set of cards similar to my windows when I was small. She has kept it with her all these years and was given by a nun when she was a little girl. I enjoyed following the cards as a girl so I tried to make some for my own children now. I believe I have began another Christmas tradition. In spite of the lost chance to get organised for the Holidays at least I was able to make the novena.
This afternoon, we go to a party with my high school friends. I have had, in this week alone 2 friend lunches/ breakfasts, two Christmas parties. My family has three more to go! Whew!!! But I can't complain. We are enjoying a wonderful Christmas Season and are so blessed. It has been a good year. I can't stop being thankful. I refuse to even think of whatever challenging situations my family went through this year - the good always out weighs the bad - always!
Finally, a monk once said, " To live deeply, you have to live slowly." :) So each day I try slow down, breath, live as joyfully as I can.

No comments: